Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Forgive me Paleo, for I have sinned............


Forgive me Paleo, for I have sinned! It has been a few weeks since I fell off the Paleo wagon, well not completely, but close! Amazing how life happens, schedules get changed and before you know it, old habits come back into play! For the most part, we stuck with Paleo on a daily basis until a few weeks ago. A visit to see old friends in Arizona was the beginning.....Then the was New Orleans, Jazzfest....there my friends, is the ultimate temptation of ALL things BAD! Too much good food NON paleo friendly food! Binguet's (those doughy powdered sugared evil little monsters!)Then there's jambalaya, gumbo, craw fish ettouffe (probably spelled that wrong)..the list goes on and on, not to mention Alcohol! No shortage of that in N'awlins!!!
Needless to say, here I sit, paying my penance with 5 extra pounds gained, bloating, irritability (poor Steve) and wanting to kick myself for letting this happen! But today, is a new day! Today, I make a stand, step back up on the Paleo wagon, strap myself in and prepare to enjoy the ride.......it can only get better!
Tonight is "Recipe" night at Oceanside Crossfit. We will be participating in another Paleo challenge, this one 30 days, starting 5/17 and ending 6/17. Tonight the congregation will meet and we will share our success' our failures (I will hang my head in shame appropriately) and then we will exchange recipes, take note of who says they are committing to the challenge and then spend the next week preparing and purging. Be ready to see some great new recipes posted! I looking forward getting back to normal! Stay tuned.........

No comments:

Post a Comment