Monday, February 8, 2010

Chicken Wings....Renamed: Saints Wings!

Hurray for the Saints! I love it when the underdog wins!!!

So here is a link to Guy Fieri's recipe for Tequila Lime Chicken Wings:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/guy-fieris-tequila-lime-wings-recipe/index.html

I made these but with a Paleo Twist.

The recipe calls for Agave nectar, which I had never used before, so I figured it's worth at least ONE try. Agave nectar tastes great, very similar to raw honey. Texture is a bit "smoother" more like a syrup. However, there is a bit of a controversy in the "paleo" and crossfit world over whether or not Agave is OK to use or consume. I recommend you do your own research and come to your own conclusion!

I substituted the Adobo sauce with an Organic, NO SUGAR added hot sauce.
"Arizona Peppers" Organic Harvest Chipotle Habenero Pepper Sauce.

This stuff has quite a bit of a "kick" so add just a bit at a time until desired "HOTNESS" is reached!

I also found that the longer the marinate time, the better the flavor.

Enjoy and experiment! You might just be pleasantly surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment