Sunday, January 31, 2010

Catina's Cookies.....mmm, good!

Day 28 Paleo / Zone Challenge

Busy weekend for me so far....... I haven't had a chance to post anything until now.

Not that I am keepin a score card or anything, but the Paleo world has a new convert!
Welcome Catina! Hoping Cat enjoys all things Paleo! (she was "in the zone" before)
Anyway, Catina is a kick butt chick at OCF in all she does, and apparently, she kicks butt in the baking category too!!
This is her Paleo Cookie recipe she served up at Friday's poker game......... Let me just say one word about these cookies.........YYYYUUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Paleo Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups raw honey
2 cups ground walnuts
4 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 cup dried fruit (Cat used Raisins)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets, or line with parchment paper. Warm honey in a saucepan. Let mixture cool slightly. Sift together flour and spices. Place honey in mixing bowl; gradually add flour mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in dried chopped fruit.
Roll dough about 1/4-inch thick on a floured board; cut into squares and rectangles with a pastry wheel or sharp knife. (If you prefer, you can also make drop cookies, dropping the dough by teaspoonful.) Bake ten minutes. Makes four dozen.

Making a batch right now.......... I'll let you know how they turn out and post I'll post pics too!

1 comment:

  1. I made these the other day and used Fresh Blueberries instead of dried fruit! Delicious! Just be sure to keep an eye on them in the oven, as they will need to cook a bit longer as the juices from the blueberries make the "dough" a bit moist. I think next time I may cut back on the raw honey a bit as well...just a tad too sweet for me.

    ReplyDelete