Friday, January 6, 2012

Paleo Challenge Weekend Survival..

The first weekend (for most of us) during the Paleo Challenge begins this evening!...
Are you prepared to survive your first weekend with NO sweet, sugary and syrupy drinks???

I have one word for you...................


Paleo Margarita

One to two count pour of  100% Agave Tequila (white or gold doesn't matter, whichever you prefer.
Juice from Fresh squeezed Lemon and lime (1 or 2 wedges each)
Orange wedge peeled, in blender
1/2 cup fresh squeezed OJ (or any unsweetened juice) you can always juice your own, just more work.
Ice, Blend.
Drink, Enjoy!

Another version, for those of you who want options:
One to two count pour of Tequila
One or two two lemons and limes, squeezed ( I usually juice a few and keep the juice reserved in a small pitcher to add to the drinks as I make them)
1/2 to 1tsp. agave nectar (depending on how sweet you want it)
Place Ice in drink shaker, pour tequila, juice and agave nectar over the ice and shake...
pour into salted rimmed glass...

Your OTHER option, if you want to have purple stained lips and teeth.. is Wine... the choice is yours!

Disclaimer: Drinking is at your own risk!! I am not a professional dietitian or drinker, for that matter!  I am merely sharing my simplistic ideas and recipes with you.. how you choose to execute is at your own risk! PLEASE!!! DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!!

OK, now that I got that out of the way... Enjoy!

(PS: there are some out there in the Paleo world that will have an issue with Agave nectar and while I agree to some extent with their views, I also believe that the occasional (moderation is key) use of Agave nectar won't kill you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment