Thursday, June 10, 2010

No Bake Cocoa Macaroons..........

So, this last 30 day Nutrition Challenge hasn't gone all that great for me! I have to say that I have NOT been 100% dedicated to Paleo! 80 to 90% is more realistic!
Not that I have had cravings for anything "bad" because I haven't, however, I have made some poor choices. Popcorn last weekend at the movies was the worst choice! Man I felt like doo doo that night!
So, in an attmept to make myself feel better, I have spent this last week experimenting with a few new recipes.......this one is pretty simple, but I have to admit, I am not really a coconut flake fan, but nonetheless, these babies aren't too bad!!

No Bake (Mostly Raw) Cocoa Macaroons Makes 15-18, 1/2 inch balls

1/2 cup of Artisana coconut butter (or raw coconut spread)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder (raw, organic of course!)
1/2 cup of coconut flakes
2 heaping teaspoons raw honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil, gently melted
In a food processor, blend the coconut butter, cocoa, honey and gently melted coconut oil. Blend until well combined. Add the coconut flakes and blend until just combined.

Drop spoonfuls (about 1/2 inch diameter) onto a parchment paper lined plate. Place in the freezer ten minutes to firm up and serve. Keep in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment